REMAKE.AI startup progress update 09-2023
If this looks like a monthly status report, well, it is - for you! Please follow us if tech startups are your thing! If you are a potential business partner - or a potential competitor, including 中国大陆, 中國大陸 robotics manufacturers - drop me an email!
- September kicked off marketing activities as our audience - adults, STEM highschoolers and their parents
(including yours truly parent) - came back from the typical summer time off.
- We have set up a Facebook group. As of 6:25pm PST 9/26/2023, the group counts 131 members (Thank you, thank you for joining!). Is this a little or is this a lot?
- We have set up a Reddit.
- Our mailing list is at 188. Have you joined?
- Our flagship (for now) DIY home robot Snoopy got its post at Hackaday.io (thank you, Richard Baguley at Hackaday!)
- Snoopy also got featured at Instructables
- We got interest from early-stage venture capital. I appreciate you reaching out to us.
- Did you know that Snoopy’s BoM (bill-of-material) in its minimal configuration rings up to a $200 total? Let me rephrase it - a Amazon Astro $1599 class home robot - assembled DIY - at $200. How we have managed such a feat?
- We decided to add a 200mm (and a 250mm) robot versions to the product lineup. This is because most 3D printers out there are not big enough to print Snoopy. There will be a change in the flaghip product.
- Technology-execution-wise, we have set up and run a slew of 3D VR-style robot simulations. Simulation may
not seem important this very moment, but they do generate a veritable tons of marketing material and
help test and debug the real robot. The simulations will become important a bit later.
- We have set up a 3D VR-style living room simulation. Check out the picture on the TV displaying the Maldives - so relaxing!
- In this first-of-a-kind (manually-driven for now) simulation Snoopy shows off its playfullness and wholesome pet-ness by playing ball and hiding under a table. Here is the full step-by-step follow-along tutorial for makers and STEM students. NB, sorry, no sound until we set up a DIY recording studio.
- Snoopy maps, navigates a 3D virtual living room - automatically - in these TikTok-style clips as well as the step-by-step follow-along tutorial.
- We have moved our three websites (makerspet.com for DIY hardware - kaia.ai for software developers and remake.ai startup business - to a fast, globally available platform for a professional look and feel.
- Last but not the least, the physical robot bring-up is underway. I hope we will publish videos of the real physical robot in action by the end of this week.